What to Expect From HBOT?
If you’re a Chicago resident and you’d like to know how Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy could improve your health and well-being, HBOT Chicago’s clinics and facilities are ready to provide you top quality Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, an incredible new technology that allows patients to recover from harmful, debilitating conditions such as:
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Cyanide poisoning
- Crush injuries
- Gas gangrene (a form of gangrene in which gas collects in tissues)
- Decompression sickness
- Acute or traumatic reduced blood flow in the arteries
- Compromised skin grafts and flaps
- Infection in a bone (osteomyelitis) that doesn’t respond to other treatment
- Delayed radiation injury
- Flesh-eating disease (necrotizing soft tissue infection)
- Air or gas bubble trapped in a blood vessel (air or gas embolism)
- Chronic infection called actinomycosis
- Diabetic wounds that are not healing properly
However, hyperbaric oxygen therapy remains a relatively uncommon procedure that new patients often find intimidating. Although the name sounds complicated, the procedure itself is a safe and comfortable process, with overall benefits that are well worth the time.